Monday, December 21, 2009

Updates

Well, we are in the waiting game now. Have been presented to several birth moms who have chosen other families. I cannot pretend that this does not sting a bit. Sometimes we are very excited and in the same day very discouraged. The adoption people have told us that we have a great profile, that our pictures are wonderful and that on paper we look like a great family, some have said, it just isn't our time yet. While this is completely the truth, and I believe we will be parents someday this is the hardest thing I think I've ever gone through. I thought after meeting Paul online and getting married that I was over being rejected. (that last bit seems a little over the top but it is how I feel) I am thankful for Paul during this time and his patient ways. He is only ever encouraging even when I know sometimes he feels as sad as I do about not being matched yet.

As far as preparations are concerned, we have a new ceiling in the nursery, new carpet and baby furniture. I want to decorate the walls and get everything set up just to ease my mind. (sort of an if you build it they will come philosophy)

There are several possibilities yet to consider but I don't think we'll be parents by Christmas. Hopefully next Christmas we will have the joy of knowing what it's like to have a child in our home for the holidays. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

.Kate. said...

this is definitely the hardest time to be still waiting. i'm praying for you. i'd love to say it gets easier but... it doesn't. however, when you have that child and hold them in your arms and know they are your own, it IS totally worth enduring the hard part right now. hang in there. :)