Monday, August 17, 2009

We've applied...

We have decided on an agency. Had a meeting last Friday with an agency that is pretty close to where we live. They seem organized, friendly and open minded. We filled out our application over the weekend and dropped it off on our way home from work tonight!

On the way, we passed a familiar place where almost a year ago I talked with some friends about the first adoption situation we encountered. I thought about how much has changed since that night and how much more educated we are about this process. It is not as easy as the me of last year made it out to be but it is worth it. I think this whole process has brought Paul and I closer together. It has helped us to clarify what we want for our family and how we are willing to go about getting/doing the necessary things to raise children.

And now as I read back I see I've used the word "process" lots. Wow....

No comments: