Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NEWS BREAK!!!

Yesterday was a tremendous day for us!

The social worker emailed yesterday morning with birth mother having an african amerian baby boy and said she's be taking our portfolio and another families portfolio over to her. Normally it takes a few days for them to make a decision but the social worker called us back in the evening to tell us that the birth mom loved our portfolio and wanted us to be her match!

Elated, I called Paul at work and he was flabbergasted and of course we got caught up in the details. I was still at work and called Kendra to see where she was all the while playing it cool and not letting on what I knew. She was shopping at the mall nearby so I took the opportunity to stalk her and tell her in person. She was very excited. She is one of the many people who have been praying for us and was VERY EXCITED and moved to tears to hear the happy news. I called my mom and dad on speaker phone and told them, luckly my brother and his girlfriend were there so we got to tell all of them at once. Everyone is excited and I just can't believe this is happening. I know there are a few hoops left to jump through but here is our tentative plan:

Start driving to Utah on Saturday, get to Boise and then drive onto Utah in the morning, have some dinner w/ the birth mother (an early one since she will be induced in the morning). She will hopefully have the baby on Monday. We are not sure how long we will have to be in Utah but since some of our family live there it should be a good time for them to see the baby!

This is all we know right now, I will post pictures and more updates as we know them!

1 comment:

.Kate. said...

I am so so SO excited for you! I'll be praying as you travel and as you meet the bmom. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!! :)